Online Fire Permitting
EnerGov Customer Self Service
The City of Cedar Hill is excited to announce the launch of the City’s new online permit and plan management system. As of September 2018, users of the online platform are now able to:
- Apply for fire permits, including uploading plans
- Check processing status for permits
- Pay fees
- Check inspection results
- Submit for planning cases, including uploading plans
- Check processing status for planning cases
To begin using EnerGov Customer Self Service, all new users must register for an account. Please review the EnerGov Registration Instructions on how to get set up.
Once you’ve registered and are logged onto your account on the EnerGov Customer Self Service website, you will be able to apply for a permit or planning case, check statuses on permits or cases, pay any fees.
Permits are processed in approximately 3-5 business days. Depending on the scale of the project and updates needed from the applicant, longer approval times may apply.
On-Site Inspection Requirements
- Permit should be posted at the front entry of the building.
- A set of approved plans stamped by the Fire Marshal's Office must be onsite at the time of the inspection.
- Components to be inspected shall not be covered up prior to inspection.
For more information contact the Fire Marshal's Office at 972-291-1011.
We look forward to working with you.