Forms, Permits, Information Packets, and Sample Letters
Forms & Documents for Contractors & Engineers
Informational Engineering Documents
- Standard Construction Details (PDF)
- Design Manual for Paving / Drainage and Water / Sanitary Sewer Lines (PDF)
- Wireless Services (Small Cells) Design Manual (PDF)
- Right-of-Way Permit (PDF)
- Utility Contractor Registration (PDF)
- Signage and Adjacent Property Notification (PDF)
- Permit Special Conditions (PDF) (Non-Utility Franchise / HOA / PID)
Completed ROW permits, Utility Contractor Registration, and required supporting documentation may be dropped off in person at the Public Works office, faxed to (972) 291-7250, or emailed to Public Works Right-of-Way. These permits trigger line locates. There is no fee for ROW permits or Utility Contractor Registration. Please note the Signage and Adjacent Property Notification document linked above. If you have any questions, please call (972) 291-5126 ext. 2853.
Small Cell Sites Permitting and Inspection Process
For more information regarding the permitting and inspection process for small cell sites, please visit Building Inspections Permit Process page for detailed steps.
Development Documents / Construction Documents
- Plan Review Checklist (PDF) (Updated 5/5/2023) - Download, complete & attached to your plans submitted for review.
- Pre-Construction Packet (PDF) (Updated 4/22/2019)
- Escarpment Development Application (PDF) (Updated 1/13/2014)
- Floodplain-Grading Permit Application (PDF) (Updated 6/16/2021)
Certification of As-Builts Drawings and Construction (PDF)
This letter will be required prior to Final Acceptance of the project. The letter must be filled out by the Engineer of the record and must be signed, sealed, and dated. You may draft it on your firm's letterhead or contact our Executive Assistant, Mary Horsechief, for a word version.
WARNING & DISCLAIMER
THE CITY OF CEDAR HILL CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE EXISTENCE AND/OR LOCATION OF ANY UTILITY(IES) SHOWN ON AS-BUILT PLANS. DO NOT RELY ON AS-BUILT PLANS TO DETERMINE THE EXISTENCE OR LOCATION OF ANY UTILITY (WATER, SANITARY SEWER, STORM PIPES, CULVERTS, ELECTRICAL LINES, CABLE, ETC.) THE EXISTENCE AND LOCATION OF UTILITIES MUST BE VERIFIED IN THE FIELD AND THE CITY OF CEDAR HILL ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR THE EXISTENCE OR LOCATION OF ANY UTILITY LINE OR STRUCTURE.