Waste 101: The Basics About Your Trash Service
Waste Management provides trash & recycling services for the City of Cedar Hill. Please contact Waste Management Customer Service at 972-315-5400 for trash and recycling issues.
- Trash and recycling are collected once per week. Find your collection day by entering your address in the tool below, or take a look at the collection schedule here.
- Each single family home is provided two 96-gallon carts. The cart with the green lid is for trash and the cart with the yellow lid is for recycling. All trash and recyclable materials must be inside the cart with the cart lid properly closed. Materials left outside carts will not be collected.
- Carts must be placed at the curb - or in the alley, if an alley collection - by 7 a.m. on your collection day. Carts may be set out before 6 p.m. or one hour before sunset the night before pickup, whichever is earlier.
- Residents may elect to lease an additional 96-gallon cart for $3.50 per month per cart. To request a trash or recycling cart, submit a request or call the Customer Service Department at 972- 291-5100 ext. 1005. Need lids or wheels replaced on your current cart(s)? Simply click here to submit a request for a Cart Repair.
Cart Placement Instructions
- Place carts within one foot from the curb - or fence, if in any alley - with the handles facing the home or fence.
- Give carts plenty of space. The automated control arms need at least three feet of space on all sides of your carts in order to pick them up. Keep trash and recycling carts at least three feet apart and at least five feet from cars, mail boxes, gas meters, and other nearby objects.
- Trash must be contained. Place your trash in securely-tied plastic bags. All bags must fit inside the cart with the lid closed. Any trash left on top of or beside the cart will not be collected.
- Set it out by 7 a.m. on your collection day
Waste Management will not collect solid or liquid hazardous waste, including paint, pesticides, motor oil, solvents, televisions or computers, and explosive items. The City of Cedar Hill offers hazardous waste collection, electronics recycling, and paper shredding events quarterly. Residents can also drop off hazardous items at the Mansfield Environmental Collection Center. Visit cedarhilltx.com/hhw for more information.
Important Note About Parking
Parking too close to the alleyway can block trash collection vehicles from servicing your home. Make sure all visitors and residents park more than 25 feet from the alley entrance/exit on both the alley side of the street and the opposite side of the street. (City Ordinance No. 2019-674).