Owner Surrenders

White dog with head in lap


Rehome is great resource to rehome their pets by allowing owners to list their pets online, screen applications of potential adopters, and finalize adoptions - all without having to bring your pet to an animal shelter!

A few important things to keep in mind with regards to this program are:

  • You do not have to be a resident of our three cities in order to use this website
  • The highest searched for breed is the American Pit Bull Terrier. Many adoptees that are interested in this breed prefer an owner's perspective. This method can help provide better placement results!
  • Keep Your Pet Help

Cedar Hill, DeSoto & Duncanville Residents

The Tri-City Animal shelter is an open-admission shelter for residents of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, and Duncanville. If you are looking to surrender your pet, please make sure you have the following with you:

  • Texas ID listing current address in Cedar Hill, DeSoto, or Duncanville OR Proof of current residency (bills, car insurance, etc.) AND valid ID.
  • Any medical records of the pet.

Although not required, a pet personality profile for the pet surrendered helps us in finding the right home for your pet. Please consider filling out a personality profile for your pet, and telling us all that you can about them, since you know your pet best.

View a dog personality profile, or a cat personality profile.

Dog Surrender & Personality Form

Though we try our best to find a home or safe place for every animal in our care, we are not able to guarantee that every animal will be adopted or placed. Once a pet has been surrendered to our shelter, they may be placed in adoptions, transferred to a different shelter or rescue group, euthanized, or sent to a foster home.

We are not able to disclose the outcome of any animal once they have been surrendered to us.


If you are not a resident of Cedar Hill, DeSoto, or Duncanville, then you can surrender your pet at the shelter serving your city.

Other shelters in the area are:

Please contact us at (972) 291-5335 if your city is not listed.