The next election in Cedar Hill will be held on Saturday, May 1, 2021 to elect City Council Members for Places 1 & 4.
Early Voting Information
Early voting for the May 1, 2021 election will take place at the Cedar Hill Government Center, (1st floor lobby) 285 Uptown Blvd. Bldg. 100, Cedar Hill, TX 75104 during the following dates and times:
|Monday, April 19, 2021||through||Friday, April 23, 2021||8:00am – 5:00pm|
|Saturday, April 24, 2021|
|8:00am – 5:00pm|
Sunday, April 25, 2021
|1:00pm – 6:00pm|
Monday, April 26, 2021
|through||Tuesday, April 27, 2021||7:00am – 7:00pm|
Click here for a complete list of early voting locations in Dallas Co.
Election Day Voting Information
Election Day is Saturday, May 1, 2021. The polls will be open from 7am-7pm.
The following is a list of Vote Centers located within the City of Cedar Hill. Please note that all eligible, registered voters in Dallas Co. may vote at ANY Election Day Vote Center located within Dallas County. Click here for the complete list of Election Day Vote Centers in Dallas Co.
- Cedar Hill Recreation Center, TEXAS ROOM– 310 E Parkerville Road, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
- Kim Lewis Auxiliary Services Center, TRAINING ROOM – 202 Beltline Road, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
- Bessie Coleman Middle School, LIBRARY DOOR #2 – 1208 E Pleasant Run Road, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
- Professional Development Center, GYM DOOR #6 – 1533 High Pointe Lane, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
- Cedar Hill Government Center, MAIN LOBBY – 285 Uptown Blvd., Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
- Plummer Elementary School, FRONT ENTRANCE – 1203 S Clark Road, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
- Highlands Elementary School, GYM – 131 Sims Drive, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
- Bray Elementary School, GYM - 218 North Broad Street, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
- Lake Ridge Elementary School, GYM – 1020 Lake Ridge Parkway, Cedar Hill, Texas 75104
Voter Lookup and View Personal Sample Ballot
Click here to confirm voter eligibility and to view a sample ballot.
The City Secretary has certified the applications and petitions submitted by candidates running for City Council Places 1 and 4. Listed below are the names of the certified candidates, in the order they will appear on the ballot.
Phyllis M. Howard
Shirley Ann Daniels
Chad A. McCurdy
Patricia "Patty" Diaz
Important 2021 Election Dates
|Candidate Application Filing Period||Begins at 8:00 am on January 13th|
Ends at 5:00 pm on February 12th
|Last Day to Register to Vote in the May 1st Election||April 1st|
|Early-Voting Period (In-Person)||April 19th - 27th|
|Election Day||May 1st|
Voter Registration Information
The deadline to register and be eligible to vote in the May 1, 2021 General Election is Thursday, April 1, 2021. This can be either the postmark date or the date the application is received by the Office of the Voter Registrar in the county you reside. Voter registration cards are available online, at the Cedar Hill Government Center and in the City Secretary's Office. Additional information can also be obtained from the County Elections Department for the county in which you reside:
Current City Council Members
|Steven Mason||Mayor||May 2022|
|Clifford R. Shaw||Mayor Pro Tem||May 2023|
|Shirley Daniels||1||May 2021|
|Daniel C. Haydin, Jr.||2||May 2023|
|Alan E. Sims||3||May 2022|
|Chad A. McCurdy||4||May 2021|
|Gregory Glover||5||May 2022|
Candidate Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must be a registered voter on the date of the election.
- A candidate must have been a resident of the state for 12 months and are resident of the City for 6 months preceding the date of the regular filing.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated; or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Must satisfy any other requirements prescribed by law for the office.
- Candidates must be nominated by a petition per the City Charter and state law; petition must be signed by at least 25 registered voters of the City.
- Application and Petition Forms must be filed together by the filing deadline.
- Application Packets will be available for pick up in the City Secretary’s Office by December 31, 2020. If you would like an electronic copy of the Application Packet, please complete an online request form.
The deadline to file a candidate application for a place on the ballot is February 12, 2021 by 5:00 pm.
If you have questions, please contact the City Secretary at (972)-291-5100 ext. 1011 or via email at email@example.com