Inside & Out
Either way it's a fun time
Visitors come in to Cedar Hill and spend most of their time out in the city. And why wouldn't they with so many recreational activities from which to choose. On average we have 229 sunny days per year and plenty of fun in the sun activities to fill those days of rays. But you can have just as much fun the remaining 136 days inside in Cedar Hill.
OUTSIDE in Cedar Hill
- The city manages and maintains nearly 25 miles of multipurpose hike and bike trails and park loops throughout town, and they're a great way to get in and around.
- Cedar Hill State Park has approximately 20 miles of multiuser trails within the park for all levels of skill and physical agility.
- The abundance of avian life that reside or migrate through the area, some quite rare, draws birdwatchers from all over the Metroplex and beyond to the State Park, and particularly to Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center, both located on West FM 1382 in Cedar Hill.
- Cedar Hill State Park on the beautiful, 7,500 acre Joe Pool Lake, is a water recreation gem with boating, fishing, sailing, swimming, kayaking, jet skis and more.
- Summer is never officially here until splash day at the pool in Crawford Park, located at 401 Straus Road, one of over 30 parks in the Cedar Hill Parks system.
- The game of golf takes on many forms from miniature, to links and disc, and we have them all right here in Cedar Hill, so grab the equipment for your golf game of choice.
INSIDE in Cedar Hill
- Alan E. Sims Cedar Hill Recreation Center, located at 310 East Parkerville Road in Cedar Hill, is open 7 days a week and home to a wide range of classes, activities, fitness and recreational fun.
- Cinemark Theater, in the heart of the City Center, shows first-run, feature-length films on 14 screens with all stadium seating for a premier view every time.
- Don't let weather spoil your fun, visit Ellen's Amusement Center and enjoy some skee ball, pin ball or paint ball action.